Ages 7 & Up
Serious Ballet Requirements. Evaluation Required to Participate.
The Classical Track within Maryland Classical Dance Academy at Centre Pointe Performing Arts is a program for exceptionally ambitious dance students of MCDA at Centre Pointe Performing Arts. It is a rigorous curriculum designed to prepare dancers for professional concert performance careers in ballet and contemporary dance companies, as well as entrance into top conservatories and college programs through a rigorous course of dance study. Classical Track dancers are admitted by Invitation or Audition only.
Classical Track includes specific required classes and performances at each level of study, in addition to some optional classes and performances at each level of study. While the focus remains on classical and contemporary ballet, dancers also study modern, jazz, and other contemporary forms of dance. Dancers having successfully completed the full Classical Track Program will be able to attend top level, prestigious dance conservatories and college dance programs. Many will also be able to join professional ballet and contemporary dance companies.
Dance students for the Classical Track are chosen for their potential for professional dance careers, based on specific criteria.
Classical Track Criteria Summary
- Natural talent and facility for classical and/or contemporary ballet: to include coordination, flexibility, strength, strong feet, mental focus, musicality, and quality of movement
- Demonstrated potential for a professional performing career in classical and/or contemporary concert dance
- Drive & Diligence. Clearly demonstrated desire to consistently dance at one’s best
- Positive conduct, Attitude, and effort in the classroom
- Excellent attendance record and punctuality
- Adherence to Dress Code. Neat appearance.
Classical Track Tuition
Please email info@centrepointeperformingarts for Classical Track tuition information
Rates vary based on length of class, age of students, and style of class being offered.
Join Our Mailing List
Get the latest news about classes and programs!